Thursday, 29 September 2016
FSC Asia Pacific Regional Meeting 2016
FSC International Membership Regional Meetings: Asia Pacific - "Delivering Forests for all Forever"
In preparation for the FSC General Assembly 2017, FSC International members attend an FSC regional meeting in Bali.
These two-day meetings addressed important membership issues, including updates on the following processes;
- implementation of the passed motions from our previous General Assembly 2014
- the FSC Global Strategic Plan and its implementation.
Members also had the opportunity to discuss and provide feedback on;
- The FSC Governance Review
- Preparations for the General Assembly 2017
- The Controlled Wood Strategy.
Network Partners attended the annual Asia Pacific Meeting to discuss regional issues, opportunities and strategy. FSC Australia CEO, Adam Beaumont and FSC New Zealand Business Development manager Cyrielle Durand attended.
Key highlights from the meetings included;
- The Asia Pacific region is increasingly getting relevance in FSC, representing 30% of all FSC Certificate Holders. Alistair Monument, Regional Director, explained how he started from 2011 years ago only 5 staff to 27 in 2016.
- Kim Carstensen, Director General and Gemma Boetekees, Global Network Director presented the updates about FSC 2020, main goal being 20% of the markertshare by 2020.
- Asia Pacific is one of the fastest growing regions in FSC trade.