Tuesday, 12 March 2019
Revised FSC Trademark Use Guide for Promotional Licence Holders Available
The revised FSC Trademark Use Guide for Promotional Licence Holders will become effective on 1 June 2019.
FSC International have developed a new guide to assist promotional trademark license holders on how to use the FSC trademarks to promote FSC certified products and related services.
The guide aims to provide straightforward, simpler advice.
The guide is effective from 1 June 2019, and can be used only from this date.
The transition period for this guide is 12 months, starting from 1 June 2019 and ending on 30 June 2020.The FSC Trademark Use Guide for Promotional Licence Holders was previously known as the standard FSC-STD-50-002 V1-0 Requirements for promotional use of the FSC trademarks by non-certificate holders.
This revision aims to present ways of promoting FSC-certified products in an easier to approach and more visual manner. The main content changes implemented in the revised guide are as follows:
• Introduction of simplified verification of products for promotion;
• Introduction of information on the eligibility for promotional licence;
• Introduction of guidance on how to describe FSC and products with FSC claims and on how to make basic procurement claims;
• Introduction of ecosystems services promotional claims;
• Integration of the Advice Note on the Requirements for the use of the ‘Forests For All Forever’ marks (ADVICE 50-005);
• Introduction of an internal control system as an alternative to submitting all intended uses of FSC trademarks to the trademark service provider for approval.
We have also published a crosswalk document that compares the standard FSC-STD-50-002 V1-0 with the revised guide to assist stakeholders in reviewing the changes in the guideline. You will find a link to this document below in the section ‘Downloads’.
Click here for more information on the process.
- FSC Trademark Use Guide for Promotional Licence Holder