- Draft 1.1 for Consultation December 2002
- Draft 2.1 for Consultation: November 2003
- Draft 3.1 for Forest Testing: August 2010
- Draft 4.1 Forest Tested Draft National Standard for Certification of PlantationForest Management in New Zealand; September 2010
- Draft 5.1 Post Consultation Draft National Standard for Certification of Plantation Forset Management in New Zealand: December 2010
- Pre-Approved Version 5.2 National Standard for Certification of Plantation Forest Management in New Zealand; February 2011
- FSC-STD-NZL-01-2012 New Zealand plantations EN; September 2013
A copy of the Forest Test Report is at the following link: Forest Test Report
Next Anticipated: FSC Endorsed Version for implementation and compliance
The debate over percentage reserve area by Ecological District was resolved through a process that requires certificate holders to consider, and if appropriate include alternative initiatives that are related to the portion of their certified forest that is short on reserve area. This process dubbed the ecological equivalence process still requires 10% set-aside, by Ecological District or Region, but provides some alternative ecological equivalent options both within and outside the forest estate and Ecological Region.
As a result a motion to support the standard are agreed in the majority by the SDG without any sustained objected. The standard was submitted to FSC on February 28 for endorsement.